Old 17-06-2003, 05:32 PM
animaux

Default Beautiful garden tools I just ordered

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:36:05 +0000 (UTC), (Victor M.
Martinez) wrote:

animaux wrote:
I bought the border spade and fork, both stainless steel with beautiful wood

They are indeed nice looking, but will they be strong enough?

For me they will. I did most of the heavy work in the prepared beds and now
will have to maintain them with a wiggle of the fork from time to time to
aerate. I have another stainless steel fork for doing the initial cultivation
in new beds, but what I've done is to remove the grass and put a layer of
compost, topped with several inches of mulch and in a season the soil becomes
much softer. I do keep it watered and the worms to most of the work.