Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Andy Spragg

Default Elderflower wine

Roy Bailey pushed briefly to the front of
the queue on Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:47:42 +0100, and nailed this to the
shed door:

^ Thanks to everyone for the links.
^
^ http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques43.asp was the best with two
^ recipes; one of which appeared similar to my lost one. Alan's was a
^ little more complicated than I required.

And thanks to you for asking the question. I make a lot of wine but I
never managed elderflower yet, I always seem to manage to miss the
window of opportunity which always seems rather small (and because I
don't work to recipes, I don't have any elederflower fundamentals
squirrelled away). This year, though, I couldn't miss it if I tried;
I've never seen so much elder blossom. Lots of it in places where I
didn't even know there were trees (I know, I know, they're not really
trees ...), so the other good news is, unless it all gets suddenly
trashed by bad weather, there's going to be enough elderberries in the
autumn to sink the Titanic. Elderberry wine, mmmmm ... who needs red
grapes?

Andy
--

"No, you claim the magpie is to blame for all the
worlds ills, based on your ignorance of magpies."