Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Alan Gould

Default Elderflower wine

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Every year Joan makes Elderflower Champagne, which is the fizzy summer
drink with just a tiny amount of alcohol in it, very popular with
kiddies. It uses no yeast, just elderflower heads, lemons and sugar.

Yours may be. But the recipe I had (and I will try to find again) was
for seriously alcoholic stuff using champagne yeast double fermented.

Not the same potion Martin. I'm pressing Joan for her recipe/method of
making the fizzy summer drink traditionally known as Elderflower
Champagne, but now not supposed to be called that according to EU regs.
IIRC it is much the same as others have described in this thread except
that Joan uses white wine vinegar in hers. I believe there is a
commercial preparation manufactured under the title of Elderflower
Lemonade or similar.

I'll also go into a bit more detail about E. Melomel when I can find a
suitable gap between gardening - must get the priorities right ;-)
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.