Old 17-06-2003, 08:44 PM
BAC

Default Man Shot Dead over hedge dispute !

"Its-eddy !" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:05:40 +0100, "BAC"
wrote:

"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

This is an urgently needed piece of legislation to clear up this

long
running festering sore over garden hedges.
I understand its at 2nd reading in parliament
Clear giudance over hedge heights is urgent
there must 100s of other festering disputes that could also end in

killing over this issue...

I don't think the dispute in this case was about a high/leylandii hedge

at
all - from piccies in the papers today.

No, I understand it was a 'traditional' privet hedge.

People can/will fall out over anything, unfortunately, and, very
occasionally, that leads to tragic consequences like this. Using it as an
excuse to rush through legislation about hedges in general is plain daft,
IMO.

you forget that there are large numbers of similar diputes all over
the country.
Without some form of arbitration over the heights which in may cases
are alarmingly high these types of cases will continue.

Even if the law is used to 'decide' this sort of dispute, you will still get
people disatisfied with the outcome, and some of them will over react.

No doubt you are one of the ignorant pricks with a too high hedge and
dont want to cut it.

Wrong, foulmouth, no hedges at all - there were some conifers left along one
boundary by a previous owner, but I got rid of them.