Old 17-06-2003, 08:56 PM
animaux

Default Beautiful garden tools I just ordered

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:06:34 -0500, B.Server wrote:

They are very handsome. The possible tradeoff between the higher
polish and difficulty in sharpening is an interesting question. Maybe
you will let us know how it turns out. Personally, I would prefer to
see hickory or ash handles from sustainable N. American hardwoods
rather than an African hardwood that was very likely poached and all
but certain to have helped the bushmeat trade. If hickory works well
enough for blacksmiths, it would probably do for the garden.

I had no idea the wood poaching supported the bush meat trade. Now I feel
awful. I do have other stainless tools and they maintain their edge as long as
I keep them cleaned up and not use them to go through rocks...which I don't
have.