Old 17-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Jim W

Default Globe Artichokes

The Reid wrote:

Right, grown the artichokes, and fine looking plants they are, if a
bit scarey.

Cooking
When I was in Tudela I had lovely stews of whole baby artichokes and
broad beans but when I tried it last night with golf ball sized ones
they are like fibre glass. I stewed for 40 minutes.

Whats wrong? Surely they cant water them more than me, Spains dry,
isnt it.

crosspost to gardening, they might have an input, clever lot them
gardeners

Did you remove the fibrous 'choke'? And did they when you had them in
Spain? I'm no choke expert, but it seems to me this may be the problem
even if they were baby ones.,
//
Jim