Old 17-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Strelitzia Seed

"jane" wrote in message

If anyone wants to cheat, I was taken by friends to the Palm Centre in
Richmond yesterday. Fantastic place with lots of plants. And
reasonably priced - eg aspidistras were £13 for a dozen leaves instead
of the £17 for six as they are in my local Van Hage GC. ( I now have
one, dubbed Uncle of course!)
They have several square yards of potted S. Reginae, from £10
upwards. They even have the giant one - S. Nicolai. (They do mail
order - http://www.palmcentre.co.uk/ )

Oh I do hope Sue doesn't read that, she has wanted a Strelitzia for years
but I've always said they were too expensive . Do you know if they had the
yellow form?
Kirstenbosch Gold or some such. I daren't look. :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.