Old 18-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Warwick

Default Man Shot Dead over hedge dispute !

In article ,
says...

BAC wrote in message ...

So I understand, the victim apparently remonstrating with a person

believed
to have cut it down without consent. Both people are said to have been

keen
gardeners. It's a very great shame when things get so out of hand.

True it was about the height, but is was because the hedge was too
SMALL. The hedge as shown on local TV was about 18" high and in between
the front garden. AFAIK the dispute is that one wanted it higher for
some privacy and the owner of the hedge kept cutting it down. Still
doesn't excuse the shooting.

Looking at the photos in the Independant.. yes the disputed hedge was
scrawny, but looking to the front of the picture. There's a proud and
nicely clipped Leylandii at about 15' so looks as though one of the two
made sure his 'rights' were being properly imposed.

Whatever happened to the neighbour thing?

I got rid of the fecking big leyandii across the bottom of my garden
over a year ago just after we moved in. My house was the last South
facing back garden in a cul-de-sac. Down the West/North edge of our
garden we have seen teh following activity...

2 conservatories erected, 1 barren/weedscape cleared and 1 planning
application for a slightly larger conservatory. That's a direct result
of a few conifers going bye bye and the households getting some morning
sun.

Warwick