Old 04-03-2003, 05:03 AM
KenCo

Default Koi & Trout

~ jan wrote:

How would you answer this?

Asked of me by a fellow Master Gardener, where our mottos is, "If I don't
know, I will find out" therefore.....

Jim: I have a 500 gallon pond, with a few large koi and I want to know if I
can toss a couple of trout in that I catch from the local river? Since
they'll eat while it's cold I could fatten them up before I fry them up.
Would this be a problem?

1) most states require permits to keep "game fish".
most trout have "whirling disease"

2) trout need fast cool clean water. koi dont.

My answer: I don't know, but I'll find out.

How would you answer him rec.ponders??? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.