Old 18-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Dr. Scratch N. Sniff

Default Lawns & God

On 17 Jun 2003 10:59:57 -0700, (Mike Lyle)
wrote:

Bruce Yates wrote in message . ..
LAWNS & GOD

[...snipped with regret...]

Heh! Lovely post. Any chance anybody'll pay attention?

Mike.

Well, I paid attention when this anecdote was posted last fall. I
saved all my leaves and redistributed them on my patch of lawn.
All the grass clippings from spring and summer (those not used in
other manner), ditto.
It looked like things were working out really well, then . . .
my mosquito breeding neighbors (they have a pile of discarded tires,
open containers of used motor oil, etc in their asphalted 'yard')
complained to TPTB that my yard with its covering of natural much was
'unsightly'. The city thereupon cited me and forced a 'clean-up'.
so _this_ year, I applied for and got a "natural preserve" certificate
for my yard. I'm growing dandelions, poke, goldenrod, thistles which
I didn't even know had a bloom, tons and tons of wild strawberry, the
creeping charlie that I worked so hard to limit last year will come
back, and I will plant kudzu if I can find any.
I'm expecting a morning glory invasion along the perimeter fence and
ivy of some kind is starting up their tree in the corner.
The new 'flower garden' is pretty and my mower will get a summer
vacation this year.

Ahh. Vengence is a dish best served cold, don't you think?