Old 18-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Pam Rudd

Default Tam Jalapeno Growing Problem - HELP!!

When last we left our heros, on 17 Jun 2003 15:01:12 -0700,
(Virginia) scribbled:

Tam pepper is dropping blooms

Well, we have not really
had that much heat yet this year -- slightly cooler with lots and lots
of rain.

How cool? Peppers are very unhappy if the night temperatures get
below 50F. Blossom drop can also be caused by too much nitrogen
or too much water.

If it has rained there as much as it has here, that might be your
problem, although my jalapenos, Beaver Dam, are covered in
green peppers. My paprikas have green peppers, too, as does
on of the Lemon Drops.

I have them planted in a large
14" pot, which they (2 Tams) are sharing with a garlic chive plant
(mature). I have never had a problem with container gardening in the
past.

That seems like a small pot for two pepper plants. How deep is
it?

Also, does anyone know of other great varieties of mild
jalapenos I might want to consider trying? I am in Zone 6, just north
of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Any ideas would be much appreciated -- I miss my
jalapenos!!!

This is the first year I have grown the Beaver Dams, although
they're supposed to be on the medium/mild of end jalapenos. I
tried Rio Grande last year, and enjoyed them.

Pam

"ElissaAnn"