Old 18-06-2003, 05:10 AM
Bluedog

Default ideal security hedge?

Hi Casey,
What is your climatic zone, or where are you?

"Litl Fish" wrote in message
Hi folks,
Now a hedge starts to look more attractive. The cost is cheaper, I don't
need Council permission, it looks FAR better, and I can stick gates where
required at the ends inside our property. Decision made, now I seek your
helpful and expert advice please.

What would be an ideal intruder stopper, but would look nice? I'd just

like
some ideas on some radical hedges, but nothing higher than about 1.5m, and
we don't like conifers. The hedge would be placed in well-drained soil

right
above the weed mat covered drainage screenings (with aggy pipes inside).

The
soil inside of the retaining walls and below the surface is clay, but the
hedge would be sitting on well drained soil/compost. (Although I've bought

pH tester, I haven't used it yet!)

Are there any "tropical" hedges that grow fast and thick? (We're trying to
establish a semi-tropical/semi-arid garden!) And then what is the best way
to buy them, tubestock, seeds, or what?

Thanking you in advance for your advice......

Casey