Old 18-06-2003, 05:20 AM
adng

Default MOSQUITOES!!!

No, the propane devices do not work here. The problem is the type of
mosquito. We have mostly Asian Tigers, the little *******s with
stripes on their legs. Unlike the larger, native coastal mosquitos,
Asian Tigers are not attracted to carbon dioxide (I think) which is
what the propane devices work on.

andyd

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:00:42 GMT, Minga
wrote:

I swear my whole yard is infested. There is no standing water anywhere
that I can find. But my yard is friggin infested with these little
biting *******s. I cant go outside for more than 10 minutes and not get
bit like crazy. I dont really feel like pouring on 8 lbs of 'deet' just
to grill a steak!

Does anyone own one of those new propane powered killer-things ? Does it
work? Are they worth 200 bucks? I've seen then for 350 too! Anyone know
a place to rent one for a week?

Or should I stick with buying the yard-spray stuff? (i'm sure its OOOH
so good for the water/soil/my dog).

Is Austin "known" for mosquito problems ? I'm "new" here.

-Minga