Old 18-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Jan Flora

Default Fertilizer & Tomatoes in Pots question

In article , WCD
wrote:

Jan Flora wrote:

I would appreciate you sending me an acre or two of your land and a small
portion of your lake as well.

Sure, would you like moose with that?

I used to have two cow moose that hung out in the yard all the time and a third
who was an occasional visitor. Well, it's calving season. Now I have six
regulars
and three occasionals. (Moose have twins every year, 'bout now.) The babies are
cute little buggers -- they look like really funny looking Irish Setters
with long legs.

We do our landscaping around moose up here and cage anything they'll eat. We use
fishnet for garden fencing. (I'm on the coast, near a commercial fishing
town. We
can get old nets for free from the local "net loft." (That's the place
that builds and
repairs nets.) (That was a big, fat hint for folks new to coastal areas.)

Cabbages are moose-heroin. If a moose gets into the cabbage patch, it's history.

Jan