Old 18-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Joanne

Default Tam Jalapeno Growing Problem - HELP!!

(Virginia) wrote in message om...
A couple of years ago, I had great success growing a Tam Jalapeno
plant. Since I love the milder jalapenos, this year I planted three
of them. Two made it just fine, and are growing pretty good. They
have had several blossoms, but I noticed that if I was checking for
bugs, I could knock a few blossoms off by mistake. Well, now I am
noticing that I have yet to have a pepper grow... and the ones that
look like they have started knock off or fall off.

I've never had pepper problems myself, but it sounds like blossom end
rot, which I believe is caused by too much water (someone will correct
me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure).

I can't condone the shared pots either, peppers need their space and
I'll bet that they would do better on their own. How far apart does
the information tag say to plant peppers? I'm betting at least 12
inches. In the ground I've been able to cut that down a titch, but I
doubt you have that leeway in a pot.

Hope that helps

jcm