Old 18-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Tim

Default Elderflower wine

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:04:21 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Tim wrote:

You can always replace bakers' yeast with just about any yeast for wine-
making. Try a visit to your local Boots. Maybe you can find a champagn-
type yeast there which should give good results.

Boots are phasing out their wine-making supplies. The Reading branch
stopped some time ago. A search on the web should come up with suppliers
but it may need to be ordered by post.

There's a place in Reading which distributes various wine yeasts: Gervin
Supplies, 61 Church Road, Woodley, Reading, RG5 4 PT. Telephone: 0118-
969518. I've used these for a few years now and they're quite good.

Ah, well, I haven't been home for a while. The Reading branch had a really
good wine and beermaking department some years ago. Is that Church Road in
Woodley over by the Chequers? I used to live around there when I was a
nipper.
Tim.