Old 18-06-2003, 10:20 AM

Default Man Shot Dead over hedge dispute !

"Warwick" wrote in message
: In article ,
: says...
:
: BAC wrote in message ...
:
:
:
: So I understand, the victim apparently remonstrating with a person
: believed
: to have cut it down without consent. Both people are said to have been
: keen
: gardeners. It's a very great shame when things get so out of hand.
:
: True it was about the height, but is was because the hedge was too
: SMALL. The hedge as shown on local TV was about 18" high and in between
: the front garden. AFAIK the dispute is that one wanted it higher for
: some privacy and the owner of the hedge kept cutting it down. Still
: doesn't excuse the shooting.
:
: Looking at the photos in the Independant.. yes the disputed hedge was
: scrawny, but looking to the front of the picture. There's a proud and
: nicely clipped Leylandii at about 15' so looks as though one of the two
: made sure his 'rights' were being properly imposed.
:
: Whatever happened to the neighbour thing?
:
: I got rid of the fecking big leyandii across the bottom of my garden
: over a year ago just after we moved in. My house was the last South
: facing back garden in a cul-de-sac. Down the West/North edge of our
: garden we have seen teh following activity...
:
: 2 conservatories erected, 1 barren/weedscape cleared and 1 planning
: application for a slightly larger conservatory. That's a direct result
: of a few conifers going bye bye and the households getting some morning
: sun.
:
: Warwick

From the photo in the Independent, the hedge didn't seem to be near the