Old 18-06-2003, 02:56 PM
J. Del Col

Default Mosquitos!!! Consumer Reports testing Magnet and Trap models...

Salty Thumb wrote in message . ..
"Vince \(Buffalo N.Y.\)" wrote in
:

Try putting up some bird houses, Purple Martin houses , or a bat box.

Anybody have experience with these? I thinking of making one of those
gourd houses for purple martins, but I'm worried about, um, potty training.
I heard of the floors of bat caves being litter with bat guano (and its
insect processors). There is a fig tree on the premises, and if you know
figs, you know they will make you want to 'unload'. (I don't know if the
same kind of bats that eat insects eat fruit as well).

Insectivorous bats don't eat fruit.

There aren't any fruit eating bats in Buffalo, NY; they are largely
limited to tropical or sub-tropical locales.

J. Del Col