Old 18-06-2003, 04:08 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default ID the "weed"

"Adam Schwartz" wrote:

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a plant in with my sage--which I mistook for sage at first.
Now I wonder what it is. Doesn't match any of the weeds I've been
pulling. I'm waiting for some cumin to sprout nearby--which I think
did. I have a little grassy seedlings--which it might be.

Does it have a thick fleshy stem and a long root? Could it be a sunflower?
I've been pulling hundreds of these (the couple renting the apartment above
mine have a bird feefer).

-Adam

That's what I thought it was at first. I actually have dwarf seedlings
in nearby pots. But the leaves of the sunflowers I'm growing have
differences. ALthough you just made me think. There are a lot of birds
overhead. If someone is feeding them they could easily drop seeds into
this box. Hadn't thought of that before!

I was going to let it keep growing unless i found it was some invasive
weed--just to see what it is-- so i haven't pull it up yet.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)