Old 18-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Jerrispond

Default Jerri

Jerri...I spent a buttload of cash on Iris this year. How should I go about
propogating for next year? How did you get seed from them?

The best way to propagate is to just leave them alone, and let them do their
own thing. The rizomes will double or triple every year. The flag iris are the
ones she is talking about, and the seeds come from not deadheading the flowers.
There are seed pods all over the plants. Very few are viable, but if you look
on the day they split there will bed some of the seeds with roots. I put them
between layers of paper towles theat are wet. In a few days there will be
sprouts and you can put them in very wet mud. I have laso done my La. iris
from seed, but it us just easier to let them do it them selves....( and they
will) My La are not in the pond but in a bog. I also have a fulva and a
few ann chowning that look like they may have doubled. Jerri