Old 18-06-2003, 05:32 PM
R.C. Keely

Default Interesting weed, ID help?

animaux wrote:

Do a search for horse nettle.

This turned up pictures of a plant with large broad leaves. I need
something small and with sparse needle-like leaves, are you sure you
meant horse nettle?

Rebecca

Can you describe it again? I'm sorry, I don't think I saw the
From: John Barrett )
Subject: Unidentified Weed - How to control
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: 1996/05/06
I was finally weeding all my landscaping yesterday and found this new
(at least to me) weed which seems to have taken over! It has "needles"
about 1/2 - 1 inch long and when you brush up against it, seems to
"explode" and shoot small, yellowish spores all over the place. Does
anyone know what it is and once I pull all of it (which causes more
spores to shoot out), will Preen or something similar prevent these
spores from growing?

I was glad to find this post. I was starting to think I imagined the
whole thing. ;-)
Rebecca
--
Get the lead out to reply by email.