Old 18-06-2003, 05:44 PM
FarmerDill

Default Tree recommendations? - central VA (also where to plant them)

Why do you say no magnolias? I live in Charlottesville and we have
magnolias out the wazoo.

Interesting: I have beeen around Charlottesville for almost 70 years, Lots of
kinffolk lived in the city and I pulled two stints at UVa and nevr noticed a
Magnolia, I know that they can be grown there with plenty of winter protection.
One can grow bananas in Ga too but it aint that easy. doesn't seem worth the
bother when there is such a wide choice of readily adaptable trees and shrubs,
Waynesboro is a few degrees colder than C- ville also.