Old 18-06-2003, 05:56 PM
John S. DeBoo

Default wildflowers in their glory!

MLEBLANCA wrote:

snip
Loony, that was just beautiful. I enjoy very much hearing about the other
areas and the wildflowers and what the country side is like. Thanks for
your lovely description.

Speaking of wildflowers, several years ago Albuquerque did something I thought
was really nifty. The old Keep Albuquerque Beautiful program handed out plastic
bags with biodegradable capsules of wildflower seeds in them. People were
encouraged to toss out the capsules along the roadways as they travelled the
state for beautification purposes. I can't really say how successful the project
was but in concept it was sound. I still have a few and tossed some last weekend
as we took a day road trip. And I saw lots of flowers but who knows if they are
descended from the capsules.
--
John S. DeBoo