Old 18-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Quarintine? Reality?

BenignVanilla wrote:
Ok, I know this one will grab some flames...and lots of strong opinions, but
what I am looking for is..."I did this...and saw this..." and not "I have
heard this..."

How many people have bought fish and...

...quarantined them, seeing no evidence of disease?
...quarantined them, seeing evidence of disease?
...quarantined them, and lost them due to disease?
...not quarantined them, seeing no evidence of disease?
...not quarantined them, seeing evidence of disease?
...not quarantined them, and lost them due to disease?

I must admit, I have never quarantined new aquariums mates. My water is
good, and as far as I know, I have never lost a fish to disease.

OK, my asbestos suit is on. Flame away if you need. Discussion preferred.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

I haven't purchased fish in five years at least. If I were
to purchase a fish now I'd definitely quarantine rather than
risk introducing illness to my pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ