Old 18-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Hank Pagel

Default Quarintine? Reality?

BV, DOOR #4- Not Quarantined and no other lost fish, but I have lost
newly purchased fish. Quarantine seems to me to be adding more stress
to the new fish. I guess it is a matter of how much risk you are
willing to take and how much you trust your supplier. So, no flames
here.
"BenignVanilla" m
wrote in message ...
Ok, I know this one will grab some flames...and lots of strong
opinions, but
what I am looking for is..."I did this...and saw this..." and not "I
have
heard this..."

How many people have bought fish and...

....quarantined them, seeing no evidence of disease?
....quarantined them, seeing evidence of disease?
....quarantined them, and lost them due to disease?
....not quarantined them, seeing no evidence of disease?
....not quarantined them, seeing evidence of disease?
....not quarantined them, and lost them due to disease?

I must admit, I have never quarantined new aquariums mates. My water
is
good, and as far as I know, I have never lost a fish to disease.

OK, my asbestos suit is on. Flame away if you need. Discussion
preferred.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond