Old 18-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Doug

Default Red Bug on Lilies Eating Leaves?

Hi LeAnne,

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:58:17 -0400, "LeeAnne"
Search and destroy Doug, they are a horrible insect w/no natural predators

They've got one now ... a 6'2, 200lb bad ass that's not fond of any
1/4 inch schmuck eating his lilies! :-)

Where are you located? They are slowly spreading throughout New England
(I'm north of Boston) and I believe they are in southern NH now as well.

I'm a far bit north ... just east of Toronto, Ontario in the burbs.

It is a huge battle - the adults overwinter in the soil then come out in the
spring to mate and lay eggs (little orange dots on the underside of the

I've started to inspect my lillies very closely, once in the morning
and again in the latter part of the afternoon. After the first run I
killed 5-6 of them, and scraped off maybe 2 dozen eggs. Since the
first run though I have yet to see any more, so *hopefully* I've
gotten them all. Will be sure to keep a close eye on them though.

Doug