Old 18-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Trevise

Default Moles!!

"Wendy Kelly Budd" wrote in message
I think I have voles, but could be moles. I have dogs too. I

accidentally
found a way that works while I was turning the compost pile. Warning:
delicate folks, cover your ears. I keep a pitchfork near the tunnels.

When
I see a fresh tunnel, I align the pitchfork along the end of the tunnel

and
shove it into the ground HARD. Keep walking/working along the tunnel.

I've
only gotten one this way, but it sure is satisfying when it happens.

--
Wendy* in N. California,

I had one last year that just pis*ed me off royal. I saw him digging one day
as it started to rain. I got the garden hose, and shoved it down into the
tunnel, turned the water on full force. It took a while, but he emerged on
the other side of the fence. By this time, it was pouring down rain, wind,
lightning, all that good stuff - but I didn't care - the mole was going to
assume room temperature no matter what. I pulled the hose out of the hole,
and turned it on him when he came out of the ground. My girlfriend was
standing in the kitchen window, just shaking her head. When the little
******* about stopped moving, I dropped the hose, grabbed a tomato stake,
and ran around the other side of the fence. He was still kicking a bit,
but - right on cue - stroke of lightning, stake penetrates mole.
What satisfaction...lol