Old 18-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Roscoe

Default Tree Peony

"Mark" wrote in a message:..
Can anybody help me with the care of my Tree Peony. . The petals from
this flower fell off last month and left what I describe as a crown of

seed
pods. So what do I do next, are these seed pods? do I need to cut the
plant back? what is the next step?

Hi Mark, yes they are indeed seed pods. Leave them on your plant and come
the autumn the pods will dry and split open revealing black, sticky
seeds which you can then sow in pots containing a sandy compost. Tree peony
seeds take quite a while to germinate, often more than a year so be patient!
Don't cut your tree peony back, let it grow. The leaves will fall away in
the late autumn.

Roscoe