Old 18-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Jim W

Default Plastic plant pots

Kate Morgan wrote:

How does one get rid of the blooming things? I have just been looking at
our local council web site and see that they do not recycle plastic. I
have to take them to a quarry quite a distance away.
I wish that garden centre`s collected them ,maybe I will have to have a
word and see if they would be interested in starting something.Any other
ideas?
kate

Local community garden, allotment site or Horticultural Society,..
school (if its a member of the Schools Gardens scheme). Try also seeing
if there is a local Thrive garden, theraputic Horticulture, or NCCPG
garden, group etc nearby as these may be willing to take them.

There is now a commercial pot/packing recycling scheme although i don't
know how good the uptake is in the UK. Unfortunatly its not open to
small domestic use.

If you could be bothered you could try selling them on Ebay, very
cheaply.. I'm sure someone out there would be willing to pay a few quid
for postage;-)
//
Jim