Old 18-06-2003, 10:44 PM
antonious

Default Woohoo! my first bugs!

Congrats! Noature sure works in amazing ways, eh?

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
okay, maybe I shouldn't be excited but I am. I had read of using
Nasturtiums as a trap-crop. Well I got my first little infestation of
bugs and they were on one of my Nasturtiums. After an tiring underleaf
inspection-nothing else has any. WooHoo it worked!

The Nasturtium isn't hurting for leafs so I just pinched out the
half-dozen infected members.

I seem to recall reading about some kind of black aphid. These were
similar, but none on the stem. The bugs are charcoal black. They seem
to be laying a field of black eggs on the underside of leaves,
surrounding the point where the stem connects. One had at least fifty
around. The bug..well it had a big ol' butt sticking in the air with a
small pointed head. Six legs... although I wasn't sure whether the
front two were legs or antennae. It was tiny, the adult were like a
pelleted petunia seed.

north of NYC, Zone 6/7
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)