Old 18-06-2003, 10:56 PM
John Hines

Default Quarintine? Reality?

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

I must admit, I have never quarantined new aquariums mates. My water is
good, and as far as I know, I have never lost a fish to disease.

Me neither. I've never had the luxuries of a second tank w/ the same
water parameters, and filtration.

The only "problems" I've had is a few losses with a few feeders in a
dozen from the store. And at $1.50 per dozen...

Now if I had some fish that I valued, and was able to keep them for more
than a winter or two, I might feel different.

But it still stands that you need a second setup to the quarantine
correctly. I've now got a 300 gal stock tank, my goal is to use that in
the future, someday.