Old 04-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Bob G

Default African Violet - leaning

"Jenny Rizzo" wrote in message
Thank you Bob!
I have moved it to a window facing east, will keep it moist and get a

pebble
tray. The plant has sentimental value, and I don't want to loose it!

OK Jen, best of luck. Let me know how it works out.

Here's a website I think you'll like.
http://www.rachelsreflections.com/

Also be sure to check out the AV forum at:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/afrviolet/

"Bob G" wrote in message

"Jenny Rizzo" wrote in message
It's about 2 feet from a window that faces west (so I guess partial

sunlight
part of the day). I water it when it looks dry (dirt moves in from

the
outer edge of the pot) -- about once a week.

1. You are probably underwatering. You might try keeping it slightly

moist.
2. A west window in winter is not enough light. East or south would be
better, otherwise use artificial light.
3. Use a pebble tray to increase humidity.

"Bob G" wrote in message

"Jenny Rizzo" wrote in message
It seems that these are very sensitive plants. I have one that

recently
flowered, but the leaves turned spotty, brown and wilty. (I know

not
get
the leaves wet.) I changed the location of the plant, it seems to

be
doing
better (no more brown leaves). However, I'm concerned about the

part
of
the
stem of the plant where I removed the dying/dead leaves. I added

soil
the top (to try to keep it straight), but it's still leaning.

Nearly
all
of
the leaves had to be removed. Do you think this plant is beyond

saving?
hope not. There are new leaves coming up, but the plant is still
leaning.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

How much water and light are you providing?