Old 19-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Velvet

Default Is my Flying fox an SAE

For what it's worth, I bought 'dwarf flying foxes' then scratched my head
about them. They've grown no bigger than about 1.5 inches. Territorial
with their own kind yes, but peaceful to other fish for the most part.
Never seen them sucking slime of another fish. Beat up each other big time,
but not to the death (or serious injury) - though in a heavily planted tank,
so one with less plants they might end up with serious health problems!!!

Mine don't seem to be true SAE's, but they are doing a good job of keeping
down the algae. They seem to like the short brushy stuff - don't touch
blue-green algae/cyanobacteria, but can't blame them for that!!! - and
coupled with my bristlenose and otocinclus? I have very little algae at all.

Oh, when I compared pics, they look most similar, but not exactly, like the
standard flying foxes. Definately resemble the SAE/CAE's less.

Velvet