Old 19-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Bob Harrington

Default It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

"B & J" wrote in message

"Sigvaldi Eggertsson" wrote in message
This does not apply in Iceland, the geothermal heat has no effect
on
the air temperature.
The temperature in Iceland is moderated by the Gulf stream,
giving it
a maritime temperate climate.

Which states someone about the condition of geography education in
the States in today's society.... As a geezer, I was aware of
Iceland's climate because I had it taught to me in elementary
school.

My apologizes to you for people from the U.S. displaying such lack
of knowledge.

John

http://www.stadtklima.de/webklima/CI...ik/Reykjavik.h
tm

Boy - looks awfully arctic to me... not. Only one month a year do the
temps in Reykjavik average even slightly below freezing. I've seen
temps in maritime temperate Seattle lower than the absolute low
of -17.1°C reported at the link above (though only slightly.)