Old 19-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Avis Merrihead

Default Bamboo damaged by wind

Is this the same for Black Bamboo (I am a novice so forgive me if its a
stupid question). If so what did you feed it as ours has only grown inches
in a year

Thanks

Paul
"Smeckler" wrote in message
I planted my first bamboo, a 5' P. nigra, in March. The first new culm
appeared 2 weeks ago, and proceeded to stun me by growing to over 9 feet

by
yesterday. Didn't expect 8 inches growth a day in this climate

Unfortunately there were high winds last night and it's snapped off the

top
30 inches or so, despite it being in a fairly sheltered spot. Looking at
the broken end, it doesn't seem that surprising because it's only 1 cm

thick
and no stronger than your average green shoot.

Any advice would be most welcome here...

thanks.