Old 04-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Harry

Default When To Plant Natives

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

I think I will experiment.
Plant out about 20 or so plants in various configurations (hole sizes and
potting mixes).
Digging in gypsum is not an option. The area I'm considering is approx 3
acres, but will try localised areas.

I have just planted some seeds from local natives I've *found* (while
walking) to see how they go.

Gardening is a long term hobby/task, and I'm prepared to give most things a
try, and also expect a few failures.

--
Harry

"Harry" wrote in message
When is the best time of the year to plant tube stock natives?
We intend to buy a couple of hundred Grevilia, Banksia, Callistermons etc.

Our property (Hunter Valley area) has concrete type clay with

rocks/pebbles.

Should I dig a larger hole (6") and put some good soil in to establish the
plants?

--
Harry