Old 19-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Vox Humana

Default filipendula ulmaria variegata

"Jai" wrote in message
Emboldened by the success of Mr. Roberts in his search for the elusive
thatch rake, I am wondering if anyone knows of a vendor for the equally
elusive (in Columbus, Ohio, at least) filipendula ulmaria variegata. I
bought one two years ago at Lowes, enchanted by its leaves (the
filipendula's, not Lowe's), and would like to have lots more, but I can't
find any local nurseries that stock them, and none of the usual gardening
catalogs seem to have them either. I've tried propagating the one I do

have
via stem cuttings, but without success so far. Any ideas? Many thanks! --
Jai in Columbus

My sister gave me one last year. It is getting ready to bloom right now (
I'm in Cincinnati.) I did a quick Google search and found a number of
sources for the plant including this one:
http://www.arrowhead-alpines.com/fg.htm