Old 19-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Quarintine? Reality?

You are so right. I think someone posted in here how to give your plants a
mild bleach bath before putting them in your pond. I have a little 100
gallon plant quarantine tank also. No fish or living creature in here
intentionally! I submerged the plants in here after a mild bleach dip, then
add higher than normal concentration of "quick cure" to the tank. for three
weeks before I move the plant to my pond.

Keep in mind that my ponds are really established with too many fish and
plants to start, so I am not really in any rush to introduce plants or more
fish to my ponds. The only reason I add plants or fish is the same reasons
others around here like John Ruts does, we have "POND GREED" We can't seem
to leave well enough alone!

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
snip Another thing I learned : be very careful with plants... they are

the
ultimate breeding place for lots of critters, and it may well be that more
parasites/leeches are introduced to ponds via the way of plants than

through
fish ?