Old 19-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default Tree-Cutting Crisis with my neighbor

"TheKeith" wrote:

everybody brought up some interesting points--I appreciate everyone's help.
Let me update you on what has happened so far today and what we've found
out. I found a list of certified arborists on the International Society of
Arboriculture website and we had one of the guys come over. He basically
contradicted everything the first "tree surgeon" said, and said that the
damage already done is irreparable and that the tree is likely to die within
5 years--that major "scaffolding roots" had been cut and those are vital.
The guy is making a report for us and my father already contacted an
attorney, which is not a big deal since the uft (teacher's union) pays all
personal attorney fees as part of my father's retirement plan. The attorney
said that they have absolutely no right to cut the tree even if it
encroaches on their property

They CAN trim the tree, but they can't do anything that would
kill it. Major roots are off-limits.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both