Old 19-06-2003, 03:20 PM
catstone

Default Flagstone Labyrinth/Ground Cover

Creepimg tyme is a good suggestions for the Ottawa/On area. We are zone 5a
here just east of Ottawa, that is not counting last winter's deep freeze.
But it didn't bother the tyme. I don't water mine at all, unless we hit a
very dry spell. My tyme resides in much neglected boxes around the patio,
happily choking out any weeds. IS

trayn wrote in message
Sorry, no photos yet. Just a dream and some sketching on paper.

How deep soil preparation do I need? The stone'll rest on crushed stone,
already in place. Also, I'm in Zone 6/7 (I think) -- Ottawa Canada.

These
are perennials right. How will they weather a cold winter?

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
Adam Schwartz wrote:
"Tsu Dho Nimh" wrote in message

"trayn" wrote:

I plan on designing a labyrinth in my backyard. I would like to fill

in

the

gaps with a hardy ground plant that will tolerate heat and strong

sunlight

(west explosure) and moderate foot traffic. Suggestions?

Creeping Thyme

That was my suggestion as well

-Adam

I just used mulch in mine. When the leaves fall in Autumn I
mulch them and fill in the walkway. It has worked well for
me. What type of labyrinth are you making? Any photos?

--
Bonnie
NJ