Old 19-06-2003, 04:42 PM
FC

Default Sunflowers vs. squirrels

On 6/19/2003 8:51 AM, Repeating Decimal wrote:
in article , KK from NJ at
wrote on 6/19/03 3:27 AM:

I presume, but we're finding
stalks shredding, broken off, lying on the ground,

2 years ago I lost many sunflowers when the squirrels would climb to the top
for the seeds. Their weight would cause it to bend and snap. I got a trap and
2
years later a significantly reduced squirrel population

I sure would appreciate more information. What traps? How do you dispose of
the bodies? Send them to PETA? :=) What are the legalities? etc.

Bill

Now is the time for the little critter to contribute to what it had taken from
your garden so if you don't like how it tastes just dig a hole next to your
garden bed and deposit your new "fertilizer" there.

FC