Old 19-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Protecting Blueberries

Tim Tyler wrote in :

: But someone mentioned that blueberries like an acid soil....
: Perhaps this could have made a difference?
Yes.

Thought I remembered reading that....

Ericaceous compost in pots is a good solution.

Thats what I may do next year....
Or rather this year.....
When the fruiting has finished and its near time to prune I will transfer
it to a tub of some kind...
At the moment its where I plan to extend my potato patch to....So it really
needs to move...

: Anyone know how do you tell if your soil is acidic?
PH meter - but the chances are high that it isn't terribly...

Well....I think that since they are right next to where my potatoes are I
think they won't be for very long!

Do blueberries like to have lots of room for their roots to grow?....Should
I get a large pot to put it in? (15-18" pot is what I am thinking of)