Old 04-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Bob A

Default CO2 question

First I want to thank everyone who has helped me get started on DIY CO2, and
especially Kush who told me I might be using water that was too hot... that
was in fact the problem.

I also read Leigh's response to someone regarding doubling the amount of
mixture in the bottle, and did that, and it gave me more frequent bubbles
than I had had, but the pH didn't go down.

I'm getting a bubble about every 3-4 seconds, piped into the intake of my
Emperor 400 power filter. My CO2 normally has been about 2-3, now it is
staying a fairly stable 8ppm (KH 2 & pH 7).

I am even seeing a little pearling which is very rewarding. My question is,
should I be satisfied with this? I would love to see more pearling, but I
don't necessarily want extra-rapid plant grown... I would like them to grow
of course, but.... I think you understand.

Also, I'm suspecting the Emporer is not making the best use of the CO2 I'm
getting. Are there any suggestions that aren't (1) very expensive (2 and
more important) won't look ugly in my tank.

thanks so much,

bob