Old 19-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Do leaves change their colour according to the brightness ?

(David Hershey) wrote in message . com...
You are correct that plant chloroplasts are able to move in the leaf
cells depending on the light level.[...etc...]

OK, you've answered the intelligent question. Now, how about a naive
one? I've sometimes wondered if the reactions involved in green
vegetation's sensitivity to light could have been exploited to form
the basis of a photographic process not dependent on silver compounds.

OK, I said it was naive. But if it goes on to get you a Nobel Prize,
try to remember me in the speech of thanks!

Mike.