Old 19-06-2003, 06:08 PM
MacTech

Default Sunflowers vs. squirrels

(KK from NJ) wrote in message ...
I presume, but we're finding
stalks shredding, broken off, lying on the ground,

2 years ago I lost many sunflowers when the squirrels would climb to the top
for the seeds. Their weight would cause it to bend and snap. I got a trap and 2
years later a significantly reduced squirrel population

A few years back a neighbor of mine had problems with chipmunks eating
his flowers. I have house cats, and he asked me for some used kitty
litter. He placed the used litter in small piles around his flowers
and suddenly, the chipmunks weren't nearly so interested in his
flowers anymore. After a while the neighbor figured out that for this
to continue to be effective he had to renew the used kitty litter
periodically.

Good luck with saving what's left of the youngsters' garden.

LeAnn

Share the view from Rural Route 2. . .
http://ruralroute2.com