Old 19-06-2003, 07:20 PM
KK from NJ

Default Sunflowers vs. squirrels

I sure would appreciate more information. What traps? How do you dispose of
the bodies? Send them to PETA? :=) What are the legalities? etc.

I had a hard time finding out the OFFICIAL line on what to do with the
squirrels. Drowning is the preferred/accepted method, however the Fish+Game
commision said I could relocate up to 10 miles to state land or private land
with permission. I have a Hav-a-heart and caught over 60 the 1st year. Works
Great! The population is way down this year, very few. Mostly youngins, new
ones, I think. Kinda small, skinny tails, really skitzie. So far this year, 15,
since march.
It never ends though, new ones always filter back in, But nothing like the year
I started. Better than fishing.