Old 19-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Ken Saunders

Default Proffessional Gardening

"Steven Pilbeam" wrote in message ...
"THECHILLIS" wrote in message
I'm thinking about trying to get into gardening proffessionally, does anyone
have any advice about where to start, any relevant qualifacations etc.
Cheers,
Doug

Hay and Hoe levels.....Sorry I couldn't resist it

You can earn about £12 per hour for just cutting grass, in my area.
You will need a large area to compost the grass, or an allotment.
If you do general gardening you will need a small tipper truck,and
at least two mowers, one roller and one four wheel, both large size.
There is an extreme shortage of gardeners, mainly because of having to
visit so many gardens to make a living. For example two hour gardens,
half day and etc. It won't take long to become experienced.Tree work
pays the best, so I think this is where you should start.You should
get your starting up capital back within a few months.The government
probably pay an enterprise allowance.Get going this way, allow
yourself a day a week for getting qualifications.Being your own boss
is not everyone's cup of tea.My vehicle is a Suzuki five door van
bought for £1500 a year ago.An ideal vehicle with a small trailer for
logs. Good Luck...Ken