Old 19-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Doug

Default Red Bug on Lilies Eating Leaves?

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 05:29:28 -0400, "madgardener"
Good gawd, if they can survive a winter in Toronto, what hope do I have here
in mild Eastern Tennessee??? (yer depressing me, Doug............)

I can't say for certain if they did overwinter. I know for certain
that I did NOT have them last year, and this past winter had some
pretty cold days (down to -30 sometimes), so that would be impressive.

They may have found there way into my garden from someone elses in the
neighborhood, originating from a greenhouse (?? shrug).

All it takes is one guy in the neighborhood to bring the insects into
play. Heck, I'm constantly battling weeds thanks to the people behind
me.

My backyard garden runs about 40 feet by 10 feet, along the back line
of the property. The people behind me have one about 1/2 the size, but
they pulled up their plants 2 yrs ago. Since then, their 20x5 garden
- a mere 1ft away on the other side of the fence - is a glorified
weed factory. A flowing sea of weeds, some 12 inches high.

sigh.

Doug.