Old 19-06-2003, 10:56 PM
griffon

Default plant identification needed

Several plants I am curious about, I had about thirty but I have
identified all of those except for the ones below. If needed, I can
take more pictures and try to get better ones or closeups of certain
plant parts...

I am in Northwest Arkansas, zone 6b if that helps any.

http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/plant1.jpg

I think this is yellow loosestrife but I wanted a second opinion.

http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/shrub.jpg

The shrub above has a lot of small white blooms in early spring - this
is a small one, there is a larger one near it that I can not get to to
take a picture (behind some other shrubs on a neighbor's property and
he is...well, not friendly) and any ideas to help me search for it
online would be great. I wanted to get a picture while the large one
was blooming but it wasn't possible.

http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/weed2a.jpg
http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/weed2b.jpg

This is a weed I posted earlier but without blooms (I had never seen
it blooming until now) and so here is a picture with blooms.

The rest of these are not that important, but I would like to know
what they are if anyone has the time to waste. =)

http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/weed1.jpg

Some weed with yellow flowers. Not overly pretty but I am curious as
I couldn't find it on the weed pages I searched.

http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/berry.jpg
http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/berrybloom.jpg

Foliage resembles a strawberry but the fruit itself looks like a
mulberry or something. Very rough and bumpy. I am guessing it is
Duchesnea indica but I wanted a second opinion. I do not believe it
is barren strawberry, but I have found no pictures of that plant's
fruit, so I am not sure. If it is the non-native Duchesnea, I will
get rid of all traces of it.

http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/grass1.jpg

Some sort of grass that I wanted to identify. Has pretty
seedheads.... I tried looking at native grasses but I am clueless. I
just can not tell most of them apart on the web.

http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/grass2a.jpg
http://www.vespertinal.com/junk/grass2b.jpg

Another grass...do not know what type it is either. one is of the
seeds/flower and the other is of the rest of the plant.