Old 20-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Charles P. Woolever

Default Pole beans - funny leaves

I grew some pole beans this year. Plants started out fine. Initial true
leaves are correct size and shape. Now the plants are starting to climb.
The leaves that are coming out now have bumps all over them and seem to
be stunted and wierdly shaped.

There is no discoloration, no noticeable fungi or powder and no
noticeable insects. Leaves have not been eaten. They seem to just be
growing this way. It really hasn't been long enough to wait and see if
the leaves just need to grow out to their full size maybe and then they
will be ok. I haven't grown pole beans in ages.

I'd like to hear people's thought.

Thanks,

Charles

--